I hosted my very first Origami Owl party this weekend and it was SO much fun. (For those of you who missed the original post, click here to read all about it.) It was so much fun watching everyone decide on the perfect lockets, charms, chains, plates and dangles. Now, as much as we all loved the jewelry, we all know food is equally as important. Five of my guests are in a weight-loss challenge so I needed to find healthy, easy and delicious food. I decided to serve light appetizers (with a kabob theme) and here’s what was on the menu:
Cucumber and Hummus Bites:
1. Slice cucumber into 3/4″ pieces.
2. Top with a spoonful of your favorite hummus.
3. Garnish with Paprika or sesame seeds.
1. Place one boconccini and one cherry tomato on a fresh basil leaf.
2. Skewer all with a toothpick.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and balsamic vinegar.
1. Skewer one slice of pepperoni, one cherry tomato, one boconccini ball and a slice of salami on a toothpick.
1. Skewer a strawberry, raspberry, pineapple chunk, honeydew chunk, three blueberries and two grapes on a kabob stick. Could not be easier.
The brownie mix from Fresh & Easy is delicious! I’m not much of a baker, but it’s hard to mess these up. Yum!
What are some of your favorite appetizers recipes?