We are happy to announce a new-comer to our “Businesses We Love” Music Together in Phoenix! Nora and I have been attending “music class” as we like to call it, since our little ones were only four months old, and we are now entering our third semester! I can truly say from first-hand experience that this is an amazing program for you and your child. It’s amazing to me that my nine-month-old can actually recognize and acknowledge the music from class! She moves, grooves and giggles whenever we’re in class or even when we put the CD on at home. If you are looking for a wonderful experience for you and your children, infants through preschoolers, you’ve got to check out Music Together in Phoenix!! Spring semester registration has begun, click here to check it out – and make sure to tell them Ties & Tutus sent you!
Below is some great info provided by the director Kathy:
10 weeks of MUSIC FUN!
Music Together®, a research based national program for early childhood music and movement development, is committed to helping families rediscover the pleasure and educational value of informal music experiences. Classes are based on the recognition that all children are musical. All children can learn to sing in tune, keep a beat and participate in the music of their culture, given their early environment supports such learning. By emphasizing actual musical experiences rather than concepts about music, Music Together introduces children to the pleasures of making music instead of passively consuming it from CD’s or TV.
Each class is:
- A community of families sharing songs, instrument play, rhythm chants and movement activities in a relaxed, playful, non-performance-oriented setting.
- Music learned through developmentally appropriate activities that support and respect the unique learning styles of very young children.
- Infants, toddlers, and preschoolers participating at their own levels in family-style classes of mixed ages.
- Parents and caregivers contributing to the enrichment of their child’s musical environment—regardless of their own musical abilities.
- A new song collection every semester for three years, featuring great arrangements of original and traditional songs in a wide variety of tonalities, meters, and cultural styles.
45 minutes of PURE FUN with your child every week!